Since Mr. Casal is absent you will watch this video and then answer the questions below. After you have posted your comment you can open up Word and continue on your History document.
Remember, you will not be watching the video on your computer, only on the Smartboard. Mr. Waisome will play the video a few times as you read the questions and post your answers to the questions.
When we are typing we are entering our text using a particular font, or style of writing. But fonts aren't just fonts, they are "typography" or the art or technique of arranging type in order to make language visible.
Before computers there were typewriters and before that, handwriting. In order to make writing universally legible there needed to be typography.
Watch the video below and answer the questions as comments...
The History of Typography by Ben Barrett-Forrest from Dezeen on Vimeo.
- What did you learn about typography?
- Do you remember any of the typography style names? Which was your favorite?
- What did you think about the style of video?
- Did you like the way the video looked and was animate?
- If you saw this video last year, have any of your thoughts or opinions on typography changed? Did something new stand out to you?
Remember - Comment as "Name/URL" and use your first name and last initial (proper capitalization, no URL). Please respond in full and complete sentences. Double check your work before posting your comment.
- 5 sentences
- edit & revise
- different font
- different size
- different font (one font for whole essay)
- different size (one size for whole essay)
- 5 pictures related to your writing