Since Mr. Casal is absent you will do the following assignment, answering the questions as comments.
Once you have successfully posted a comment you can finish work on your "Me2013" Google Presentation.
Have you ever wanted to look at something from above? Have you ever wanted to look at a monument of city from every angle?
A panorama is a wide-angle look at something. 360 degrees is a full circle...
There is a website that has taken 360 degree panoramic images of famous places and made them available for free on the internet. The company uses helicopters and a variety of cameras to make these 360 degree panoramic photos.
These photos are wide angle looks at various places, wide-angle views from every angle in all directions.
- Go to the site http://www.airpano.com/
- Chose one or more of the 360 panoramas (you can select from their home page, from the World Map link, or from their full list)
- If you have any trouble loading a panorama click on the "iPad/Android" link to get a version that will load more quickly
- When you open the panorama, explore it, more the image around, look up & down, left & right. Use all the tools such as the ones I've circled in the picture below:
- The name/location of the panorama you looked at
- The things you observed
- What the images made you think of
- Your thoughts & ideas about the website & pictures in general
Remember - Comment as "Name/URL" and use your first name and last initial (proper capitalization, no URL)- please respond in full and complete sentences - double check your work before posting your comment.