Can technology talk to you? Can technology play along? The robots of the movies, are they possible in today's technology filled world?
Watch this video and answer the questions below:
Here is information about the Lamp from the creators of the video:
Pinokio is an exploration into the expressive and behavioural potentials of robotic computing. Customized computer code and electronic circuit design imbues Pinokio with the ability to be aware of its environment, especially people, and to expresses a dynamic range of behaviour. As it negotiates its world, we the human audience can see that Lamp shares many traits possessed by animals, generating a range of emotional sympathies. In the end we may ask: Is Pinokio only a lamp? – a useful machine? Perhaps we should put the book aside and meet a new friend.
Watch the video and read the quote from the creators. Post a comment in paragraph form with your thoughts on what you saw and read. Keep these questions in mind:
- Did you ever think a robotic lamp was possible to make?
- Now that you've seen one are there other objects you think can be made to move and interact with people?
- Does this mean we'll have full robots soon?
- Over all, what are your thoughts & reactions to this video and the description from the creators?
- Can you think of any other every-day objects that have been changed or upgraded with technology?